This recipe came about when I added a few drops of peppermint essential oil to some already delicious and simple whole food balls I make frequently. I can’t believe how much these remind me of After Eight Mints. My mom used to buy After Eights every single week growing up, so naturally I got hooked too! These are a much healthier version you can enjoy stored in the freezer or fridge. Perfect for an easy, festive dessert to bring to your next holiday party!
AFTER EIGHT PEPPERMINT BALLS
✔ 15 Minutes ✔ Weight Loss Friendly ✔ Gluten Free ✔ Oil Free ✔ Makes 10 to 12 Balls
• 1 cup Medjool dates, soaked 5 minutes then drained
• 1 cup almond flour OR oat flour OR coconut flour
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 to 3/4 cups vegan chocolate chips, melted
• 2 to 4 drops food grade peppermint essential oil , I used 3 drops of Young Living Vitality Peppermint
• Coarse sea salt, or salt flakes, optional
1. Soak the dates in a small bowl with hot water for 5 minutes, then drain. In a food processor add the dates and almond/oat/coconut flour until combined. Roll into balls and place in the fridge for 5 minutes.
2. In the meantime, melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. After melted, add the peppermint essential oil and stir to combine. Cover the balls in chocolate, top with coarse sea salt, or salt flakes and place in the fridge or freezer until set.
NOTE: I like to make a batch to keep in the freezer and have them ready for whenever I want a sweet treat. Luckily these are rich and 1 or 2 will satisfy your sweet craving!
Watch the video version here:
🌱 For more delicious, weight loss friendly recipes check out my cookbooks.
🌱 Work with me 1:1, I'd love to help you change your relationship with food, and reach your weight loss and wellness goals.