Healthy and Easy Vegan Recipes | Smoothie Bowl | Vegetable Spring Rolls |Creamy Miso Mushroom Soup
Learn how to make these three healthy and easy vegan recipes. Great for weight loss, overall health, and everyday deliciousness.
Watch the video version here:
Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl serves 1 to 2
• 1 cup frozen dragon fruit
• 1 frozen banana (in chunks)
• 1 scant cup frozen pineapple chunks
• 1 scant cup frozen mango chunks
• 1/4 cup plant milk
• coconut flakes
Place all smoothie bowl ingredients into a high speed blender and let them thaw for about 5 to 7 minutes. This is the key to achieving a thick consistency without it becoming too liquidy. Once slightly thawed, blend on low then up to a medium speed using a tamper to reach a smooth and thick consistency.
Scoop into a bowl and add desired toppings and enjoy!
Vegetable Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce serves 1
• desired amount of rice paper wrappers (I typically use 4 to 6 per person)
Filling, desired amounts:
• greens of choice (torn)
• red bell pepper (sliced thinly)
• cucumber (sliced thinly)
• red cabbage (grated, or chopped finely)
• broccoli slaw ( dry, from Trader Joe’s, optional)
• carrot (grated)
• cilantro (chopped)
• green onion (chopped)
• serrano or jalapeno pepper (sliced)
Peanut Dipping Sauce:
• juice of 1 lime
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 inch ginger root
• 1 tbsp rice vinegar
• 1 tbsp soy sauce OR tamari OR coconut aminos
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• 3 tbsp peanut butter
• 1/4 cup water to thin
• 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp chili flakes
Chop desired veggies for the filling.
Place all Peanut Dipping Sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
To assemble the spring rolls fill a large mixing bowl with very warm water, enough to submerge a rice paper wrapper. Spread a tea towel (or any lint free towel) on the counter next to the dish. Have the fillings nearby.
Place one rice paper wrapper in the water for 15 seconds. You want it pliable, not floppy, or stiff. Slowly and with care lay it flat on the towel so as not to rip it.
Begin to fill with your desired fillings, leaving about 1 inch of open rice paper around the edges. Then fold away from you like a burrito, tucking in the sides before the final roll up is made. (Watch video version if needed). Repeat this step with the remaining ingredients.
Garnish the dipping sauce with more chili flakes if desired and enjoy your spring rolls! The Peanut Dipping Sauce can be stored in a glass container with a lid in the fridge for 3 to 5 days.
NOTES: The Peanut Dipping Sauce can be made ahead of time, or doubled to suit your needs. It also is great as a dressing or in a noodle bowl. If you want a heartier spring roll you can add cooked rice noodles, or a marinated tofu or tempeh. Good recipe fits for both a complimentary tempeh (Smoked Tempeh Wrap) or tofu (Crispy Tofu Bowl with Plum Sauce) can be found in my cookbook Eating Whole.
Creamy Miso Mushroom Soup serves 2
• 1/4 cup chickpea miso
• 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked and drained)
• 1 tbsp maple syrup
• 4 hot cups water
• 1 and 1/2 cups baby bella mushrooms OR shiitake OR oyster (sliced)
• juice of 2 limes
• 2 tbsp soy sauce OR tamari OR coconut aminos
• 2 tbsp water to thin
• chili flakes to taste
• green onions (chopped)
• cilantro (chopped)
• sunflower microgreens
• black sesame seeds
Soak the cashews for at least an hour then drain. In a medium mixing bowl place all the Marinated Mushroom ingredients and toss to combine. Set aside for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
When the cashews and mushrooms are ready, make the broth. In a high speed blender place all broth ingredients and blend until smooth and steamy (about 4 to 5 minutes).
Using a slotted spoon, combine the marinated mushrooms with the broth and stir until combined well. I discarded the extra marinade because I felt it would make the soup too bitter, but taste and adjust to your liking.
Garnish with green onion, cilantro, and microgreens. Enjoy immediately.
NOTE: For a heartier version add cooked vegan whole wheat ramen noodles.
• If you enjoy these recipes don't forget to share them with your friends and tag me in your creations #veganmichele
• Do you want to adopt a whole food plant based diet, but you don’t know where to start? Are you looking to lose weight and improve your health? It would be my honor to work with you one on one via my Vegan Weight Loss Course or Personal Coaching Sessions.
• Do you want MORE easy and heathy whole food plant based recipes? Check out my cookbooks for more deliciousness!