Growing up in a Cuban/Jewish household, ranch dressing was never a part of our regular cuisine, but as I've grown older I have developed a taste for it and can totally understand why this is one of the dressing recipe requests I get often. The fresh herbs at the end of the recipe are a must and bring so much flavor to this tangy, creamy, vegan ranch. Enjoy!
EASY VEGAN RANCH (OIL FREE)
✔ Prep Time 5 minutes ✔ Weight Loss Friendly ✔ Makes 1 and 1/2 cups
• 1 cup raw cashews, soaked and drained*
• 1/2 cup water
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1/2 tsp onion powder
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 3 to 4 tbsp white vinegar, or more depending on your desired tanginess
• 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
• 1 tsp fresh chives, chopped
• 1/8 tsp dried dill
1. In a high speed blender add the soaked and drained cashews, water, lemon juice, garlic cloves, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and white vinegar. Blend on high until smooth and creamy, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the fresh parsley, chives, and dried dill. Taste and adjust the salt, or vinegar as desired. Stores well in a glass jar with lid for up to a week.
* NOTE: Soaking cashews creates an incredible creamy texture for recipes, but it also boosts nutrition! Soaking nuts (of any kind) helps remove phytic acid, allowing our bodies to get more nutrients from the nuts, and makes them easier to digest. To soak simply put the cashews in a bowl or jar and submerge with filtered water for a few hours or overnight. For a quick soak, do the same with boiling water and allow them to soak for at least 15 minutes.
Watch the video version here:
🌱 For more delicious, weight loss friendly recipes check out my cookbooks.
🌱 Work with me 1:1, I'd love to help you change your relationship with food, and reach your weight loss and wellness goals.