A fun and colorful way to have your next smoothie bowl!
• 3 banana, frozen and cut into chunks
• 1/2 cup mango, frozen, optional
• 1/4 to 1/2 tsp blue spirulina
• splash of vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup or less plant milk of choice
• Garnish: your choice of fresh fruit, granola, nuts, nut butter, or seeds
1. In a high speed blender, add all ingredients and start on low. Use a tamper to press ingredients into the blade and gradually increase the speed until your desired consistency is achieved. The key to a thick smoothie bowl is to use as little liquid as possible, so only use as much as you need to help the blades turn.
2. Garnish with your choice of fresh fruit, granola, nuts, nut butter, or seeds. Serve immediately.
makes 1 medium smoothie bowl.
Note: If you'd like to turn this into a smoothie, just add more milk. If you want to add greens, I suggest a few handfuls of spinach as it won't change the taste.
Watch video version here:
🌱 Do you want to adopt a whole food plant based diet, but you don’t know where to start? Are you looking to lose weight and improve your health? It would be my honor to work with you one on one via my Vegan Weight Loss Course or Personal Coaching Sessions.
🌱 Do you want MORE easy and heathy whole food plant based recipes? Check out my cookbooks for more deliciousness!