Make this super quick and easy Vegan Ramen Noddle Soup in the Instant Pot. If you don't have an Instant Pot, I've got you covered too, just scroll down for the stove top version.
• 1/4 cup water for sautéing
• 1/2 sweet yellow onion, sliced
• 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 large carrots, diced
• 5 tbsp miso paste
• 1 tbsp mirin
• 4 cups vegetable broth
• 2 cup water
• 1 cup bok choy, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
• 3 green onions, chopped
• 4 ounces dry ramen noodle
• Soy sauce or tamari to taste
• Chili garlic sauce
• More green onion or fresh bok choy if desired
1. Turn on Sauté mode and heat 1/4 cup water, add the onion and cook 3 minutes . Add in the garlic for another minute, stirring frequently.
2. Turn off Sauté mode. Add the vegetable broth, water, mushrooms, carrots, miso paste and mirin. Lock the lid of the Instant Pot.
3. Pressure cook for 3 minutes, then quick release.
• Option 1, Eating Now:
If serving the ramen right away, you can cook the noodles in the Instant Pot now. Once you’ve finished the broth, switch back to Sauté mode and cook the noodles right in the broth for 2 minutes. Turn off the Instant Pot and add in the bok choy, coconut milk, and 3 chopped green onions.
Serve immediately or the noodles will soak up all the broth. Garnish with desired garnish from above.
• Option 2, Eating a Little Later:
After making the broth, turn off the Instant Pot and add in the bok choy, coconut milk and 3 chopped green onions, and stir to combine, no need to cook further. When ready to eat, cook the noodles on the stovetop according to the package instructions. Store them separately until ready to eat. Gently warm the broth and add the noodles. Garnish with desired garnish from above.
• WAIT, I DON’T HAVE AN INSTANT POT!
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, this can easily be made on the stove top. Follow the directions above, but in a large soup pot. Instead of pressure cooking allow the broth to come to a slow boil for 5 to 7 minutes, until the veggies are tender. Turn off the heat and add in the bok choy, coconut milk and 3 chopped green onions, stirring to combine.
Cook the noodles separately according to package instructions. Divide the noodles between bowls, and pour broth over. Garnish with your choice from the list above. Voila!
Watch the video version here:
🌱 Do you want to adopt a whole food plant based diet, but you don’t know where to start? Are you looking to lose weight and improve your health? It would be my honor to work with you one on one via my Vegan Weight Loss Course or Personal Coaching Sessions.
🌱 Do you want MORE easy and heathy whole food plant based recipes? Check out my cookbooks for more deliciousness!