I love soba noodles. They are higher in fiber and protein than traditional pasta; and they are lower in calories than traditional pasta. Paired with peas and watermelon radishes, this dish is a beautiful and vibrant meal that can be made in under 15 minutes. Quick, easy, delicious, and very filling!
Soba Noodles with Peas and Radish Serves 2
✔ under 15 minutes ✔ weight loss friendly
• 6 ounces soba buckwheat noodles
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1/4 cup tahini
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• Zest of 1 lime
• Juice of 2 medium limes
• Water to thin, 1 to 2 tbsp
• 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
• 1 small watermelon radish, sliced thin
• 1/2 a jalapeño or serrano pepper, sliced
• 1 green onion, sliced, green portion only
• Black Sesame seeds
• Fresh cilantro
1. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and cook soba noodles according to package directions. In the meantime in a small mixing bowl, make the sauce by add the garlic, tahini, soy sauce, maple syrup, lime zest and juice, and water to thin. Whisk together until smooth.
2. Drain the noodles in a strainer and rinse with cool water. Then add to a large mixing bowl or a large serving bowl. Add in the sauce and peas. Toss to combine then serve. Garnish with jalapeño, green onion, sesame seeds and cilantro.
Watch the video version here:
🌱 For more delicious, weight loss friendly recipes check out my cookbooks. Browse the free recipes on my site, there are so many ideas suitable for weight loss and overall health that still taste great. If you need help with weight loss, transitioning to a Whole Food Plant Based Diet, your specific health concerns, detox, immunity, and so much more, reach out any time and work with me. It is my sincere desire to help you reclaim your freedom and get well!