Easy (so easy) roasted veggies and chickpeas brought to life with hints of curry, paprika, and cumin.
• 2 medium Japanese sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
• 2 red bell peppers, cubed
• 2 cups broccoli, cut into small florets
• 1/2 large red onion, thick slices
• 2 15.5 oz. canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp ground paprika
• 1 tsp curry powder
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 3 tbsp water
• fresh parsley, chopped
• lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl add all of the ingredients and combine well. I used my hands, you should too :)
3. Bake for 45 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
serves 4 to 6.
Note: This tastes great alone, but if desired garnish with fresh parsley, lemon juice and tahini, or over your favorite cooked whole grain.
Watch the video version here:
🌱 Do you want to adopt a whole food plant based diet, but you don’t know where to start? Are you looking to lose weight and improve your health? It would be my honor to work with you one on one via my Vegan Weight Loss Course or Personal Coaching Sessions.
🌱 Do you want MORE easy and heathy whole food plant based recipes? Check out my cookbooks for more deliciousness!