Low in calorie density, yet high in taste.
• 20 oz. can jackfruit in brine, drained, seeded, and shredded
• 1/4 tsp liquid smoke
• 1 tbsp lime juice
• 3 tbsp vegetable broth
• 1 and 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
• 2 tbsp tomato paste
Creamy Cilantro Dressing:
• 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked and drained
• 1/4 cup water
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 cup cilantro
• 1/4 jalapeno
• 1 garlic clove
• Juice of 1 lime
• Desired amounts of lettuce, corn, red onion, and tomatoes
1. First, make the jackfruit. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat sauté the jackfruit and all the seasonings for 5 to 7 minutes. Add a bit of vegetable broth if it gets too dry. You are aiming for a thick “stew” consistency. Then turn off and set aside.
2. Next, make the Creamy Cilantro Dressing by adding all dressing ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend on high for 1 to 2 minutes until completely smooth.
3. Assemble the salad, top with jackfruit and desired amount of dressing.
Watch the video version here:
🌱 Do you want to adopt a whole food plant based diet, but you don’t know where to start? Are you looking to lose weight and improve your health? It would be my honor to work with you one on one via my Vegan Weight Loss Course or Personal Coaching Sessions.
🌱 Do you want MORE easy and heathy whole food plant based recipes? Check out my cookbooks for more deliciousness!