A delightful departure from your typical lentils. This flavorful Ethiopian dish is my go-to when I'm super busy or need to make dinner for a group of people fast!
• 2 tbsp vegan butter, omit to keep oil free
• 1 and 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
• 1 inch piece ginger root, minced
• 4 garlic cloves minced
• 2 tbsp berbere seasoning
• 2 tbsp fried onions, omit to keep oil free, but darn it they are good
• 4 tsp ground coriander
• 1/2 tsp raw sugar OR coconut sugar OR monk fruit sweetener
• 2 1/4 cup water
• 2 cup dried split red lentils
• 4 cup baby bella mushrooms diced
• 1/2 cup whole walnuts, chopped into small pieces
• 6 tbsp tomato paste, see instructions*
• Salt to taste
• Mixed greens
• Cilantro, chopped
1. Add all the ingredients into an Instant Pot, except for the tomato paste* and stir to combine. THEN place the tomato paste on top. To avoid the “burn” error, don't stir the tomato paste into the other ingredients. Lock the lid and pressure cook on high for 4 minutes, natural release for 15 minutes. Once done cooking, stir the tomato paste (that was placed on top) into the other ingredients until combined.
2. Serve atop a hefty portion of mixed greens, and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
Watch the video version here: https://youtu.be/DIGnKtgMN18
🌱 Check out the FREE recipes on my site, there are so many ideas suitable for weight loss and overall health that still taste great. If you need help with weight loss, transitioning to a Whole Food Plant Based Diet, your specific health concerns, detox, immunity, and so much more, reach out any time and work with me. It is my sincere desire to help you get well! Lose weight with my VEGAN WEIGHT LOSS COURSE or reach your nutritional goals with PERSONAL COACHING