• 1 cups cilantro leaves (finely chopped)
• 8 cloves garlic (minced)
• 2 tbsp soy sauce OR tamari OR coconut aminos
• 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
• 1/3 cup water
• 1 tbsp maple syrup
• 2 pounds vegetables, cut into thick but bite-sized pieces (I used grape tomatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini, and corn on the cob)
1. To make the marinade, add all of the ingredients, except for the 2 pounds of vegetables, into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Then add the vegetables into the marinade, tossing gently until coated. Cover and refrigerate for a 1/2 hour.
2. After the 1/2 hour mark, thread the marinated vegetables onto the skewers. Reserve any extra marinade.
3. Grill/cook the skewers for 10 to 15 minutes, frequently turning to prevent burning, and ensure an evenly browned veggie skewer. You want a tender veggie, not overdone and wilted nor raw.
4. Once you’ve reached your desired doneness, feel free to pour the reserved marinade on top.
*Makes 5 large skewers
Note: These can be cooked on a grill, griddle, or large cast iron pan. So be sure to plan accordingly if you need to heat up a grill for example.
You will need metal or wooden skewers. If you plan on using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for about 30 minutes before assembling the veggies. Trust me from personal experience, if you skip this step you’ll burn up your skewers🔥.
Watch the video version here:
🌱 Do you want to adopt a whole food plant based diet, but you don’t know where to start? Are you looking to lose weight and improve your health? It would be my honor to work with you one on one via my Vegan Weight Loss Course or Personal Coaching Sessions.
🌱 Do you want MORE easy and heathy whole food plant based recipes? Check out my cookbooks for more deliciousness!
🌱 Join me on Instagram (@vegan_michele) for daily updates, and if you enjoy my recipes don't forget to share them with your friends and tag me in your remakes #veganmichele