Nutrient packed, yet bursting with flavor! Perfect when you need a quick and nourishing meal. Pair with a giant raw salad, and leave the table feeling satisfied, energized, and light.
• 8 ounces dry pasta of choice, quinoa brown rice blend pictured
• 1/4 cup vegetable broth for sautéing
• 1 medium sweet onion, diced
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 medium carrot, diced
• 1/2 tsp dried thyme
• 3/4 cups cooked or canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 1 tbsp soy sauce OR tamari OR coconut aminos
• 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
• 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
• 1 tbsp tahini, Oil Free Homemade Tahini recipe here
• 1/2 tsp mustard
• 1/2 cup vegetable broth
• 3/4 cups unsweetened plant milk of choice
• 2 tbsp arrowroot powder OR cornstarch
• 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped or torn
• 1/4 fresh Italian parsley, chopped or torn
• Salt, freshly cracked black pepper, and red chili flakes to taste
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. While the pasta cooks, everything else will come together quickly.
2. In a medium frying pan heat the 1/4 cup vegetable broth over a medium heat. Add in the onion, garlic, carrot and thyme. Stir occasionally and sauté until tender about 7 to 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a blender add all of the “sauce” ingredients and blend on high until smooth. Set aside.
4. Once the onion, garlic, and carrot are tender, turn the heat to medium low. Add in the sauce from the blender, and the chickpeas. Stir occasionally for about 3 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken a bit and the chickpeas to warm up. Turn off the heat.
5. Toss the cooked pasta with the sauce and garnish with fresh basil, parsley, salt, freshly cracked black pepper, and red chili flakes to taste.
Watch the video version here:
🌱 Check out the FREE recipes on my site, there are so many ideas suitable for weight loss and overall health that still taste great. If you need help with weight loss, transitioning to a Whole Food Plant Based Diet, your specific health concerns, detox, immunity, and so much more, reach out any time and work with me. It is my sincere desire to help you get well! Lose weight with my VEGAN WEIGHT LOSS COURSE or reach your nutritional goals with PERSONAL COACHING