The vegan version, that actually tastes good. Enjoy!
• 14 oz. extra firm tofu, drained, pressed, then crumbled
• 1/3 cup vegenaise (I like Follow Your Heart)
• 1 tbsp dijon mustard
• 1/4 cup celery, finely diced
• Pinch of turmeric, for color
• 1/4 tsp kala namak plus more to taste
• 1 tbsp green onions, finely diced
• Freshly cracked pepper to taste
• 2 whole wheat pitas, cut in half
• Mixed greens
• carrot sticks
• celery sticks
• cucumber sticks
1. Drain and then press the tofu in tea towel to remove as much moisture as possible.
2. In a large mixing bowl add the crumbled tofu, vegenaise, dijon mustard, celery, turmeric, kala namak, green onions, and pepper. Using a manual potato masher, mash to your desired consistency. Then just mix with a spoon or spatula to make sure it is well combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
3. Assemble your pitas with your desired amount of Eggless Salad and mixed greens. Serve with carrot sticks, celery sticks, or cucumber sticks.
Watch the video version here:
🌱 Do you want to adopt a whole food plant based diet, but you don’t know where to start? Are you looking to lose weight and improve your health? It would be my honor to work with you one on one via my Vegan Weight Loss Course or Personal Coaching Sessions.
🌱 Do you want MORE easy and heathy whole food plant based recipes? Check out my cookbooks for more deliciousness!