So easy, a veggie lo main that comes together in under 15 minutes.
Veggie Lo Mein serves 3
• 10 oz. whole wheat Chinese style Lo Mein noodles
• 1/4 cup water for sautéing
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 18 oz. Asian vegetable stir fry mix, fresh or frozen*
• 1/4 cup soy sauce OR tamari OR coconut aminos
• 3 tbsp brown sugar OR maple syrup
• 1/2 cup water
• 1 tbsp cornstarch OR arrowroot powder
1. Cook the Lo Mein noodles according to package directions.
2. In the meantime, in a large wok add the water for sautéing and the garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes then add in all the rest of the veggies. Stir occasionally over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
3. While the veggies are cooking, make the “sauce” by adding all the sauce ingredients into a small bowl, whisking to combine. Then add the sauce to the veggies in the wok and cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes until vegetables are tender and sauce has thickened a bit to your liking.
4. Add the cooked noodles to the wok and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
NOTE: If you don’t want to use a pre-packaged stir fry mix, you can use the following veggies:
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 cup frozen peas
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
2 cups broccoli florets, cut into bit sized pieces
Watch the video version here:
🌱 Check out the FREE recipes on my site, there are so many ideas suitable for weight loss and overall health that still taste great. If you need help with weight loss, transitioning to a Whole Food Plant Based Diet, your specific health concerns, detox, immunity, and so much more, reach out any time and work with me. It is my sincere desire to help you get well!