Enjoy this super simple Easy Creamy Potato Soup recipe. It comes together in about 25 minutes, and is a satisfying yet light soup.
• 1/4 cup vegetable broth for sautéing
• 1 sweet onion, diced
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
• 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
• 1/2 tsp ground paprika
• 1/4 tsp ground cumin
• 4 cups vegetable broth
• 1/4 cup canned coconut milk, optional
• Salt, freshly cracked pepper, and red chili flakes to taste
1. In a large soup pot add a 1/4 cup of vegetable broth over medium heat and bring to a small boil. Then add the onion and garlic. Stir occasionally for 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Next, add in the sweet potatoes, carrots, paprika, cumin, and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
3. Use an immersion blender and puree a few minutes until you have a thick and creamy soup. Or blend the soup in a blender in batches for the same effect. Stir in the coconut milk to give it an extra creamy texture. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
Watch the video recipe here:
🌱 Do you want to adopt a whole food plant based diet, but you don’t know where to start? Are you looking to lose weight and improve your health? It would be my honor to work with you one on one via my Vegan Weight Loss Course or Personal Coaching Sessions.
🌱 Do you want MORE easy and heathy whole food plant based recipes? Check out my cookbooks for more deliciousness!