Hey! Here are some more recipe ideas for you guys to try out on your whole food plant based diet! Tailor it to your goals whether that be eating healthier, weight loss, low calorie density, high fiber or more! Enjoy, and let me know if you try them out xx
Watch the video version here:
Breakfast Salad Bowl serves 1
• 1 to 2 cups mushrooms of choice (sliced)
• 1 tsp fresh thyme
• 1/4 cup of veggie broth for sautéing
• 1 garlic clove (minced)
• 1/4 of an avocado (sliced or chopped)
• 1/2 cup sauerkraut
• 1 tomato (chopped)
• desired amount of mixed greens
• desired amount of fresh lemon juice
• salt, pepper, chili flakes to taste
1. Heat a medium frying pan on high heat, add the veggie broth and bring to a boil . Toss in the mushrooms and thyme stirring often. Reduce heat to low and continue to stir occasionally until golden and water has reduced.
2. Assemble your bowl with desired veggies from above, add in the sautéed mushrooms. Garnish with desired salt, pepper, chili flakes, and lemon juice as desired.
Black Bean Quesadillas serves 1 to 2
• 1/2 orange bell pepper (sliced)
• 1/2 medium yellow onion (sliced)
• 3 crimini mushroom (sliced)
• 1 cup fresh spinach (chopped)
• 4 tbsp corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
• 3/4 cups canned black beans (drained)
• 1/2 tsp ground cumin
• 1/2 tsp smoked paprika powder
• 1/2 cup plant milk (unsweetened)
• 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
• 1 tbsp tapioca flour
• 1/4 tsp garlic powder
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 2 medium whole wheat tortillas
• mixed greens
• salsa or chopped tomato
• green onion
• fresh lime juice
1. Add all “veggies” to a frying pan with about a 1/4 cup of water. Sauté over a medium to low heat until the onion begins to soften, then set aside. Add more water if needed.
2. Add all “beans” ingredients to a small frying pan and let simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Then turn off the heat, mash the beans with a fork or manual potato masher and set aside.
3. Place all “cheese” ingredients into a saucepan. Whisk the cheese on medium low heat for 1 to 2 minutes until it becomes stretchy and a bit thicker and then set aside. It will thicken more while it cools.
4. Assemble the quesadillas. Spread the mashed beans on one tortilla then add the veggies and lastly the cheese. Place another tortilla on top. Carefully place the quesadilla in a large pan on medium heat, let it become lightly brown and then flip to the other side.
5. Garnish with toppings as desired and enjoy immediately.
Tempeh Bowl with Peanut Sauce serves 2
Tempeh and marinade
• 8 oz tempeh (sliced thinly)
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 tsp garlic powder
•desired amount of rice noodles
Veggies (desired amounts of the following):
• red cabbage (sliced or grated)
• green cabbage (sliced or grated)
• mixed greens
• cucumber (sliced)
• 2 tbsp peanut butter
• juice of one large lime juice
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tsp ginger (grated)
• 1 tbsp maple syrup
• water as needed to reach desired consistency
• green onion (chopped)
• cilantro (chopped)
• jalapeño (sliced)
• chili flakes
1. Slice the tempeh. In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the tempeh marinade, then add tempeh coating well. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes. Then bake in an air fryer at 400 F for 10 minutes.
2. Cook desired amount of rice noodles according to the package directions. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile chop you desired veggies and make the peanut sauce by whisking all peanut sauce ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Add a small amount of water until your desired consistency is reached. Test and adjust according to your taste.
4. Assemble your bowls starting with mixed greens, then rice noodles, veggies. Finish off with the tempeh, desired garnish and peanut sauce.
Whole Food Nutella makes 2 cups
• 1 cup hazelnuts roasted and peeled (very important to having a smooth texture)
• 1/2 cup soft dates (pitted)
• 6 tbsp cacao powder
•1/4 cup maple
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1/2 cup plant milk (more if needed to thin)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, place the roasted and peeled hazelnuts and bake at 350 F for 5 to 8 minutes just to release their oils a bit.
3. Next, allow the hazelnuts to cool to touch and place them into a food processor and process until they become a nut butter consistency.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth (add more plant milk if it's too dry).
Stores well in a glass container with lid 3 to 5 days.