Fresh and delicious veggie tacos for breakfast.
Veggie Breakfast Tacos makes 4 tacos
✔️ under 30 minutes
• 1 lb. gold or red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into bitesized cubes
• 1/4 cup veggie broth for sautéing
• 1/2 large red bell pepper, chopped
• 1/4 to a 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp paprika
• 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 1/8 to 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
• 4 corn tortillas
For serving, your desired amounts:
• Canned or pre-cooked black beans
• Greens of choice
• Tomatoes, chopped
• Avocado, cubed
• Cilantro, chopped
• Red cabbage, thinly sliced
• Hot sauce
• Lime juice
• Vegan queso dip or cashew sour cream
1. Chop and prep all veggies. Boil the potatoes in a medium pot for 5 to 7 minutes. Aim for firm, almost fork tender potatoes. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet add the veggie broth, potatoes, and red bell pepper. Cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. You want to cook out most of the broth, but feel free to add a splash as needed to avoid sticking. Add the salt, paprika, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper fully coating the potatoes. Cook 3 to 5 more minutes until the potatoes are to your liking.
4. Warm your tortillas over a gas stove or in the microwave. Assemble your tacos with your desired fillings from the list above.
NOTE: The potatoes can be made ahead of time and used when you need breakfast quickly.
Watch the video version here:
🌱 For more delicious, weight loss friendly recipes check out my cookbooks. Browse the free recipes on my site, there are so many ideas suitable for weight loss and overall health that still taste great. If you need help with weight loss, transitioning to a Whole Food Plant Based Diet, your specific health concerns, detox, immunity, and so much more, reach out any time and work with me. It is my sincere desire to help you reclaim your freedom and get well!