This is a super quick & easy, healthy, go-to recipe. In under 5 minutes, this flavorful, fresh sauce will transform your pasta, veggie platter, sandwich, wrap, or pizza!
OIL FREE PESTO
✔ 5 Minutes ✔ Weight Loss Friendly ✔ Gluten Free ✔ Serves 2 to 3
• 2 and 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves, tightly packed
• 1/2 cup raw pine nuts OR pistachios OR walnuts
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
• 1/4 teaspoon salt, more or less to taste
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1 tablespoons miso paste
• 1 to 2 tablespoons water
• Crushed red pepper flakes
• Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
• 1 to 3 zucchinis, spiralized or peeled into “noodles”
1. In a food processor add all ingredients except the water. Process until paste like, stopping to scrape the sides down as needed. Drizzle in the water 1 tablespoon at a time while processing until you reach your desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve over spiralized zucchini or your favorite whole grain pasta. You can also use this as a spread on a sandwich or wrap, serve it as a veggie dip, or on a pizza. It’s very versatile and delicious.
Watch the video version here:
🌱 For more delicious, weight loss friendly recipes check out my cookbooks.
🌱 Work with me 1:1, I'd love to help you change your relationship with food, and reach your weight loss and wellness goals.