Light, fresh, comforting, fiber packed and satisfying. All the things really! Loaded with veggies and lentils to keep you full, this hearty soup can serve as a full satiating meal even if you are trying to lose weight.
MOUTHWATERING LENTIL SOUP
✔ 35 minutes ✔ Weight Loss Friendly ✔ Gluten Free ✔ Serves 6
• 1/4 cup vegetable broth for sautéing
• 1 large yellow onion, diced
• 2 carrots, peeled and diced
• 2 celery ribs, diced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
• 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seed
• 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
• 1 cup green or brown lentils
• 1 bay leaf
• 6 cups vegetable broth
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired
• Freshly squeezed lemon, as desired
• 2 cups kale, thinly sliced or torn
1. In a large soup pot add the vegetable broth for sautéing over medium high heat, then add the onion and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes. Add in the carrots, celery, and garlic and sauté for 5 more minutes.
2. Add in the rest of the soup ingredients (thyme, oregano, rosemary, fennel seed, diced tomatoes, lentils, bay leaf, and 6 cups broth) and bring to a boil. Decrease the heat to low and slightly cover. Simmer for 25 minutes or until the lentils are tender not mushy. Taste and add salt and freshly ground black pepper as desired.
3. To serve, add desired amount of soup to bowls and top with fresh kale and a squeeze of lemon juice if desired.
4. Stores well in a glass jar with lid for a week in the fridge. Or it can be frozen.
Watch the video version here:
🌱 For more delicious, weight loss friendly recipes check out my cookbooks.
🌱 Work with me 1:1, I'd love to help you change your relationship with food, and reach your weight loss and wellness goals.