Comforting, flavorful, comes together in under 20 minutes. Easy and delicious at it's finest.
Mexican Inspired Noodle Soup serves 6
• 1/4 cup vegetable broth for sautéing
• 1 medium red onion, diced
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 Serrano pepper, sliced lengthwise
• 1 tsp smoked paprika
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• Two 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
• 2 cups vegetable broth
• 6 ounces millet and brown rice ramen or whole grain angel hair pasta
• 1 and 1/2 cups hot water
• 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
• 1 cup black beans, cooked or canned
• 1 lime, juiced
• Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
• Grape tomatoes, sliced in half
• Cilantro, finely chopped
• Avocado, sliced
• Dollop of cashew sour cream, I used the one from Eating Whole
• More Serrano pepper, sliced
1. In a large soup pot add the vegetable broth for sautéing over a medium high heat. Add the red onion, garlic, and Serrano pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add in the smoked paprika, dried oregano, ground cumin and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add in the vegetable broth, noodle of choice, and hot water. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer with the lid on slightly ajar for 6 to 8 minutes until pasta is tender. Turn off heat and stir in the corn, black beans, and lime juice. Add in salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste. Serve topped with any of the toppings you desire from the “For Serving” ingredient list.
NOTE: If you plan on making this soup ahead of time, omit the noodles and the 1 and 1/2 cups hot water. Cook them separately at the time you are ready to eat. Otherwise the noodles will soak up all the soup and you will be left with a noodle stew.
Watch the video version here:
🌱 For more delicious, weight loss friendly recipes check out my cookbooks. Browse the free recipes on my site, there are so many ideas suitable for weight loss and overall health that still taste great. If you need help with weight loss, transitioning to a Whole Food Plant Based Diet, your specific health concerns, detox, immunity, and so much more, reach out any time and work with me. It is my sincere desire to help you reclaim your freedom and get well!