Make this delicious and weight loss friendly Vegan Poke Bowl in under 30 minutes.
VEGAN POKE BOWL adjustable servings
• 14 ounce block of extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
• 1 tbsp soy sauce OR coconut aminos
• 1 tbsp lime juice
• 1 tsp maple syrup
• 2 tbsp cornstarch
• 1 tbsp miso paste
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 1 tsp mirin
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 tbsp lime juice
• 1 tsp ginger root, finely grated, about 1 inch
• 1 tsp sambal olek or sriracha
• 1 tbsp maple syrup
For the bowl, your desired amounts of the following:
• Cooked brown rice
• Avocado, sliced
• Edamame, shelled
• Pineapple, diced
• Carrot, peeled or cut into matchsticks
• Red cabbage, sliced
• Radish, sliced
• Sushi paper, cut into ribbons
• Cucumber, sliced
• Green onion, sliced
• More lime juice as desired
• Sesame seeds for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425 F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. To prep the tofu, drain and press out excess water by wrapping the block in a the towel and placing something like a cast iron pan on to for a few minutes to get it as dry as possible. Cut into bite sized cubes.
3. In a medium bowl add all “Tofu” ingredients and toss to coat. Evenly spread on the baking sheet, and bake for 25 minutes until crispy.
4. In a small mixing bowl add all “Sauce” ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside. Prep your desired ingredients “For the Bowl” from above and assemble as desired with the tofu and sauce. Enjoy!
NOTE: The tofu, sauce, and rice can all be prepped ahead of time to save you time and make this even easier during the week. The tofu and sauce can be double batched if desired.
Watch the video version here:
🌱 For more delicious, weight loss friendly recipes check out my cookbooks. Browse the free recipes on my site, there are so many ideas suitable for weight loss and overall health that still taste great. If you need help with weight loss, transitioning to a Whole Food Plant Based Diet, your specific health concerns, detox, immunity, and so much more, reach out any time and work with me. It is my sincere desire to help you reclaim your freedom and get well!