A flavorful, spreadable vegan cheese.
GARLIC LOVERS VEGAN CHEESE SPREAD makes 1 cup
• 1 cup raw cashews, soaked and drained
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 cup water
• 1 vegan probiotic capsule
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 2 tsp garlic powder
• 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
1. In a high speed blender add the soaked and drained cashews, salt, and water. Blend on high until smooth and creamy, it will be quite thick. Pour in the contents of the probiotic capsule and pulse the powder into the mix.
2. Transfer this cream to an 8 ounce glass jar or container and loosely cover with a lid. Place in the oven (no heat) with the oven light on for 16 to 24 hours to ferment. If you live in a warm climate you can leave it on the counter out of direct sunlight for 16 to 24 hours to ferment.
3. After that time period, scoop out the cheese into a small mixing bowl and stir in the crushed garlic cloves, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Give it a taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Place back in the same container, or another one, and place in the fridge. The spread can be eaten at this time, but the flavor will improve and intensify as it stays in the fridge over the next 2 to 3 days.
Watch the video version here:
🌱 Check out the FREE recipes on my site, there are so many ideas suitable for weight loss and overall health that still taste great. If you need help with weight loss, transitioning to a Whole Food Plant Based Diet, your specific health concerns, detox, immunity, and so much more, reach out any time and work with me. It is my sincere desire to help you get well!