The perfect way to prep oatmeal for the week, or use as a budget friendly easy breakfast idea for a big crowd.
Berry Baked Oatmeal serves 6
✔️ under 45 minutes
• 2 and 1/4 cups rolled oats
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 cup mixed berries, fresh or frozen
• 2 cups creamy plant milk of choice, I recommend soy or oat
• 1/2 cup apple sauce
• 6 tbsp maple syrup
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
• 1 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F. Very lightly grease a 9 x 13 in. baking dish or casserole dish*
2. In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients (oats, baking powder, salt), mix well. Then add in the wet ingredients (berries, milk, apple sauce, maple syrup, vanilla extract) and stir well until combined. This will be a soup like consistency.
3. Pour the mixture into the baking/casserole dish evenly. Sprinkle with walnuts and coconut/brown sugar if using. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving. Serve with fresh berries if desired.
NOTE: You can use parchment paper in lieu of greasing the pan, but I’ve found it to be a little mushy when eating a few days later. This can be baked ahead of time and stored in an airtight glass container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. Fantastic, budget friendly dish to whip up for a party or large gathering. Perfect for kids, family, and those of us watching our figure.
Watch the video version here:
🌱 For more delicious, weight loss friendly recipes check out my cookbooks. Browse the free recipes on my site, there are so many ideas suitable for weight loss and overall health that still taste great. If you need help with weight loss, transitioning to a Whole Food Plant Based Diet, your specific health concerns, detox, immunity, and so much more, reach out any time and work with me. It is my sincere desire to help you reclaim your freedom and get well!