Yum Yum Sauce, is just so...yummy! Traditionally a Japanese steak house mayo based sauce, I've created a whole food plant based version that's also oil free that is amazing. Light, sweet and tangy, serve with oil free French fries, on top of an Asian inspired Buddha Bowl or meal, as dip for veggies, on a vegan burger, or a speed on your favorite sandwich.
YUM YUM SAUCE
✔ 5 Minutes ✔ Oil Free ✔ Gluten Free ✔ Makes 1 and 1/4 cup
• 1 cup cashew sour cream, see notes
• 2 tablespoons ketchup
• 3 teaspoons rice vinegar
• 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
• 2 teaspoons raw sugar OR coconut sugar
• 1 teaspoon ground paprika
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 to 2 tablespoons water to thin as desired
1. Whisk all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl until well combined, add the water 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency. Serve with oil free French fries, on top of an Asian inspired Buddha Bowl or meal, as dip for veggies, on a vegan burger, or a spread on your favorite sandwich.
NOTE: To make cashew sour cream simply add 1 cup of soaked and drained cashews, 1/2 a cup of water, 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice and salt to taste to a high speed blender for 3 to 4 minutes until creamy.
Watch the video version here:
🌱 For more delicious, weight loss friendly recipes check out my cookbooks.
🌱 Work with me 1:1, I'd love to help you change your relationship with food, and reach your weight loss and wellness goals.