Chili with Brown Rice and Cashew Sour Cream (I used this meal as my base of leftovers for the following day of eating)
• 1/4 cup vegetable broth for sautéing
• 3 garlic cloves (diced)
• 1/2 medium onion (diced)
• 1/2 red bell pepper (diced)
• 1 medium carrot (chopped)
• 1 medium celery rib (chopped)
• 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
• 15.5 oz. can kidney or black beans (drained)
• 1 cup red or green dry lentils
• 4 tbsp tomato paste
• 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
• 1/2 tsp cumin
• 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
• salt and pepper to taste
• 3 cups water
• desired amount of cooked grain (brown rice, quinoa, barley etc.) or potato for serving
• Cashew Sour Cream (recipe below)
• fresh cilantro, lime, desired greens, green onions, avocado slices, red cabbage, jalapeño, or hot sauce
1. If making a brown rice, barley, or potatoes get those started first.
2. Sauté garlic and onion with vegetable broth over medium heat 5 minutes. Then add bell pepper, carrot, and celery and sauté for 5 more minutes.
3. Add kidney beans, lentils, diced tomato, tomato paste, all spices, chipotle pepper, and water. Bring to boil, then simmer on low for 40 minutes or until everything tastes done.
4. Add more spices or more water as needed.
5. Serve garnished with a dollop of Cashew Sour Cream, fresh cilantro, lime, greens, green onions, avocado slices, red cabbage, jalapeño, or hot sauce if desired. Serve over brown rice, barley, sweet potatoes, or golden potatoes.
Feel free to store in the fridge or freezer in an air tight container. Will last in the fridge about a week, and can freeze for a long time and still taste good when thawed.
Cashew Sour Cream
• 1 cup raw cashews (soaked and drained)
• 1/2 cup water
• 3 - 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
• salt to taste
1. Blend everything in a high speed blender until creamy and steamy. About 3 - 4 minutes.
Stores well in a glass container with lid in the fridge for about 5 days.
Mango Citrus Green Smoothie
• 2 cups spinach or kale
• 1 and 1/2 cups frozen mango or pineapple
• 1/2 large cucumber (coarsely sliced)
• 1 orange (peeled)
• 1 over ripe spotty banana
• 1 and 1/4 cups water
• 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp daily green boost
• 1 tbsp chia seeds
1. Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until very smooth. Taste and adjust as needed.
Leftover Chili Burrito
• desired amount of leftover chili, brown rice, and cashew sour cream from above recipe
• 1 whole grain wrap
• desired fresh and steamed veggies of choice
1. Place desired amounts of chili, brown rice, cashew sour cream, and veggies in your wrap. Roll up and eat. Serve with additional veggies if desired.
• 2 cups partially frozen mango chunks
• the juice of 2 limes
• maple syrup to taste if desired
1. Allow frozen mango chunks to thaw for 10 - 15 minutes.
2. In a high speed blender add the partially frozen mango, lime juice, and maple syrup if desired. I didn’t use maple syrup, and felt it was sweet enough. Blend on low using a tamper to reach desired consistency. Serve immediately.
Easy Dinner Bowl
• 1 cup cooked brown rice
• 3 cups kale, spinach, or mixed greens
• 1 large sweet potato (peeled and cubed)
• 15 oz. can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
• 1/2 red bell pepper (chopped)
• handful of sunflower microgreens
• 3/4 cups frozen mango chunks
• 2 tbsp hemp seeds or raw cashews
• 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
• 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
• 1 tbsp shallot (chopped)
• 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
• 1/4 cup water
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Steam or boil the sweet potato until fork tender, about 10 minutes.
2. In a blender add all of the dressing ingredients and blend on high until very smooth.
3. Assemble your bowl with the brown rice, greens of choice, bell pepper, and black beans. Pour desired amount of dressing on top, garnish with sunflower microgreens and more lime juice if desired.