I'm a sucker for a good bowl meal (which is why I have so many bowl recipes on this site). Such a great way to get in high quality whole plant sources of veggies, whole grains, beans/legumes, and a little healthy fat all in one meal. The sauce or dressing is key to pulling everything together, and this sauce is no exception. The perfect compliment to the crisp raw veggies plus warm grains and edamame. Superb!!
EASY ASIAN BUDDAH BOWL
✔ make ahead elements ✔ 15 minutes ✔ weight loss friendly ✔serves 2
• 1 carrot, peeled into strips
• 1 medium cucumber, peeled into strips
• 1/4 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup green cabbage, thinly sliced
• 1 to 2 cups spinach leaves
• 1/4 of an avocado
• 1 cup pre-cooked brown rice
• 1/2 cup to 1 cup steamed edamamme, shelled
• 1/4 tsp ginger root, grated
• 2 garlic cloves, pressed
• 1 tsp lime juice
• 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
• 2 tbsp soy sauce OR tamari OR coconut aminos
• 2 tbsp rice vinegar
• 1 tbsp maple syrup
• 3 to 4 tbsp water, to thin
• Red chili flakes, to taste
• Fresh cilantro
• Sesame seeds
• Nori, cut into strips
• Green onion, chopped
1. Prep your veggies (carrot, cucumber, green onion, cabbage, spinach, and avocado). Then, make the sauce by adding all the "Sauce" ingredients into a small mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth and set aside.
2. Steam the edamame and warm up the pre-cooked rice.
3. Assemble your bowl by laying down a bed of spinach, next the rice, then add on the veggies and edamame. Garnish with any of the ingredients from the above “For Garnish” list. Enjoy!
Watch the video version here:
🌱 For more delicious, weight loss friendly recipes check out my cookbooks.
🌱 Work with me 1:1, I'd love to help you change your relationship with food, and reach your weight loss and wellness goals.
🥣 Want more bowl recipe? Try these out!