I'm always looking for new ways to "eat the rainbow" and I can tell you, this is a new favorite!! Flavorful, fresh, and leaves you feeling satisfied yet light.
Collard Wraps (makes 4 wraps) with Chive Tahini Dip (makes 4 ounces)
• 4 large collard leaves
Your desired amount of fillings:
• Hummus, oil free
• Red cabbage, grated
• Carrot, grated
• Zucchini, cut into thin sticks
• Bell pepper, sliced
• Microgreens or sprouts of choice
• Avocado, sliced
• Any other veggies you prefer
Chive Tahini Dip
• 1 tsp fresh chives, minced
• 1 and 1/2 tsp maple syrup
• 1 tsp dijon mustard
• 2 tbsp water, or more to thin
• 3 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tbsp tahini
• Salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
1. To make the dip, add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary to reach your desired consistency and flavor. Set aside.
2. Cut the stem off of the collard green leaf and then carefully shave it down using a small pairing knife so that it’s flat (see video for the visual). This helps the wrap from breaking, and it makes it easier to roll. Add your desired fillings from above, and slowly wrap like a burrito tucking in the sides as you go (see video for the visual).
NOTE: Many collard leaves were sacrificed and torn in my learning the proper rolling technique. Don't skip the "shave it down" instruction. Make sure to go carefully and slowly as you wrap, and you'll be golden.
Watch the video version here:
🌱 Check out the FREE recipes on my site, there are so many ideas suitable for weight loss and overall health that still taste great. If you need help with weight loss, transitioning to a Whole Food Plant Based Diet, your specific health concerns, detox, immunity, and so much more, reach out any time and work with me. It is my sincere desire to help you get well!