Perfect for when you don't feel like slaving away making homemade veggie burgers. Two steps and done.
4 Ingredient Easy Veggie Burgers serves 4
• 2 cups cooked black beans, rinsed and drained very well
• 1/2 cup oats, steel cut or rolled
• 1/2 cup flour of choice, oat, gluten free option, whole wheat etc.
• 1/4 cup chunky salsa of choice, drain excess water
• Whole grain burger buns
• Pickles, thinly sliced
• Red or white onion, thinly sliced
• Lettuce of choice
• Tomato, sliced
• Ketchup, mustard etc.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor add all burger ingredients and process until combined but not liquified. If your burger mix is too crumbly add a tablespoon more of salsa, if they are too wet add a tablespoon of flour. Divide the burger mix into 4 equal parts, roll into balls, and then flatten into burger shapes.
3. Place the burgers on the parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, flip over and bake for another 10 minutes (20 minutes total).
4. Assemble your burger with the desired suggested toppings and enjoy!
NOTE: Take extra care to make sure the beans and salsa you choose are drained well, otherwise your burger mix will be too wet. You can always add flour to thicken them up, but I’m sure we’ve all been in the situation where we’ve added TOO much flour to something and then it just tastes like flour 🥴. So, that’s what I am trying to have you avoid.
Watch the video version here:
🌱 Check out the FREE recipes on my site, there are so many ideas suitable for weight loss and overall health that still taste great. If you need help with weight loss, transitioning to a Whole Food Plant Based Diet, your specific health concerns, detox, immunity, and so much more, reach out any time and work with me. It is my sincere desire to help you get well!