Trying to lose fat? Up the fruits and veggies, ditch the processed foods. Keep it whole food plant based and LOW in fat. These recipes are just a few examples of the types of go-to meals I used to lose weight, as well as what I recommend to my weight loss clients.
WFPB for the win, because you can eat these types of meals in abundance and still really enjoy your food knowing you are literally eating the rainbow of multivitamin and multi-mineral rich foods.
If you need help with weight loss, transitioning to a Whole Food Plant Based Diet, your specific health concerns, detox, immunity, and so much more, reach out any time and work with me. It is my sincere desire to help you get well!
HAWAII IN A GLASS makes 30 to 40 oz.
• 1 and 1/2 to 2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice, depending on your preferred smoothie thickness
• 2 cups Pitaya Foods Dragon + Passion Fruit + Watermelon + Mango*
• 1 ripe banana
1. Juice the oranges, then add all ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth. Enjoy immediately.
Note: If you cannot find the Pitaya Foods Mix, firstly I'm sorry you don't get to taste it 😭, but secondly just sub 2 cups of frozen fruit you enjoy like mango, blueberries, strawberries, peaches etc. If you don't want to use fresh orange juice you can sub water or coconut water. Feel free to add leafy greens like spinach or kale as well.
GREEN GODDESS SALAD serves 1 to 2
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1/4 cup raw pine nuts
• 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
• 1 Medjool date, pitted
• 1/2 serrano or jalapeno pepper, optional
• 1 tbsp miso paste
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1/2 cup cilantro
• 1/4 tsp mustard
• 1/4 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 cup to 3/4 cups water, depending on your desired consistency
• Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
• Honestly and salad ingredients you enjoy, but I used these...
• Romaine lettuce
• Purple cabbage
• Carrot, grated
1. Prep and chop your salad veggies. Then add all Dressing ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Serve atop your salad.
LENTIL SWEET POTATO SOUP serves 4
• 1 medium sweet onion, diced
• 5 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/4 cup vegetable broth for sautéing
• 2 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
• 1 cup split red lentils
• 1/4 tsp ground cumin
• 1/4 tsp garlic powder
• 1/8 to 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
• 6 cups vegetable broth
• 1 cup sweet corn, fresh or frozen
• Salt to taste
• Garnish with fresh tomatoes, diced
• Cilantro leaves, or spinach leaves
1. Prep and chop all veggies. In a large soup pot, heat the 1/4 cup vegetable broth. Then add in the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes stirring occasionally.
2. Add in the sweet potatoes, lentils, spices, and vegetable broth. Cook on medium low for about 30 minutes or until the sweet potatoes and lentils are tender but not mushy. Then add in the sweet corn.
3. Use an immersion blender to blend the veggies into a slightly smooth or fully smooth consistency. Conversely, you can use a ladle to add the soup to a regular blender and blend in batches to your desired consistency. Be careful when blending hot liquid, please, no ouchies!
FLAX NICE CREAM served 1 to 2
• 3 frozen bananas
• 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
• 2 to 3 medjool dates, pitted
• 1/4 cup plant milk of choice
• splash of vanilla extract
In a high speed blender add all the ingredients and blend using a tamper. Start on low and gradually increase the speed to reach your desired consistency.
🌱 Check out the FREE recipes on my site, there are so many ideas suitable for weight loss that still taste great. If you need help with weight loss, transitioning to a Whole Food Plant Based Diet, your specific health concerns, detox, immunity, and so much more, reach out any time and work with me. It is my sincere desire to help you get well! Lose weight with my VEGAN WEIGHT LOSS COURSE or reach your nutritional goals with PERSONAL COACHING
Watch the video here: