I love a great sandwich. This Ultimate Veggie Sandwich includes so much savory flavor, fiber, nutrients, and satisfying goodness you'll never go back to a basic sandwich again.
THE ULTIMATE VEGGIE SANDWICH
✔ 15 minutes ✔ weight loss friendly ✔serves 1
• 2 tbsp oil free hummus, I used the hummus recipe from Eating Whole
• 1 carrot, grated
• Small handful of sprouts
• 1 pickle, sliced
• 1 small cucumber, sliced
• 1/4 of a medium tomato, sliced
• 1 slice of onion
• 1/8 of an avocado, sliced
• large piece of lettuce of choice
• 2 slices sprouted grain or whole grain bread, toasted
• Salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
• 1 tsp cashew sour cream or vegan mayo, I used the "Cashew Sour Cream" recipe from Eating Whole
• 2 tbsp ketchup
• 1/4 tsp mustard
• Few drops of hot sauce, optional
1. Prep the filling for the sandwich and toast the bread. Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together the “Sauce” ingredients, set aside.
2. Once the toast is ready, assemble the sandwich to your liking with the ingredients from above, add the sauce and close the sandwich. Any leftover veggies can be eaten as a side salad. To make an easy dressing simply add a tablespoon of water to any leftover sauce to thin it out to a dressing consistency versus a sauce like consistency.
Watch the video version here:
🌱 For more delicious, weight loss friendly recipes check out my cookbooks.
🌱 Work with me 1:1, I'd love to help you change your relationship with food, and reach your weight loss and wellness goals.