If you think you don't like quinoa, try this comforting, yet weight loss friendly easy one pot meal.
Instant Pot Southwest Quinoa serves 4
• 1/4 cup water for sautéing
• 1 yellow onion, diced
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped • 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 tsp Better Than Bullion Vegetable Base • 1 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp ground paprika
• 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 cups cooked or canned black beans, drained, I used the Cuban Black Beans from Eating Whole • 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
• 1 cup water • 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
• Fresh cilantro, chopped
• Avocado, sliced
1. Press “sauté” on the instant pot then add the 1/4 cup water, the onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes stirring often until softened. Turn off “sauté” and stir in the rest of the ingredients (Better Than Bullion, all spices, drained beans, diced tomatoes, water, and quinoa). Lock the lid and pressure cook on high for 4 Minutes. Natural release for at least 10 minutes.
Serve with fresh cilantro and avocado. The avocado really rounds out the taste, definitely recommend adding it.
Watch the video version here:
🌱 For more delicious, weight loss friendly recipes check out my cookbooks. Browse the free recipes on my site, there are so many ideas suitable for weight loss and overall health that still taste great. If you need help with weight loss, transitioning to a Whole Food Plant Based Diet, your specific health concerns, detox, immunity, and so much more, reach out any time and work with me. It is my sincere desire to help you reclaim your freedom and get well!