Perfect for when you want something cozy, or if you are feeling under the weather. This is truly an EASY soup to prepare.
VEGETABLE NOODLE SOUP
• 1 sweet onion (diced)
• 2 garlic cloves (minced)
• 2 ribs celery (diced)
• 2 medium carrots (diced)
• 1 tsp dried thyme
• 6 cups vegetable broth (I highly recommend using Better Than Bouillon Vegetable Base)
• 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
• 2 medium russet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
• 1 cup dry pasta (I used a rice quinoa blend elbow pasta)
• 1 cup frozen mixed vegetable, or just frozen peas or corn
1. In a medium soup pot add onions, garlic and a little bit of vegetable broth for sautéing for 3 minutes. Add in the celery, carrot, and dried thyme. Add more broth if sticking to the pan and sauté for 3 more minutes stirring occasionally.
2. Add in the 6 cups of vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, potatoes, and pasta. Bring to a medium boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until all the veggies are tender. You can slightly cover the pot to help cook the veggies quicker.
3. Once the veggies are tender, add in the frozen mixed vegetables (or peas, or corn) and desired salt and pepper. If you feel you’d like more liquid, add in an extra cup of water or vegetable broth. Turn off the heat and cover for a few minutes before serving.
Notes: If you’d like to bulk up this soup you could always add in some beans of choice, fresh spinach or kale, or a few Serrano pepper slices for a kick.
Watch the video version here:
🌱 Do you want to adopt a whole food plant based diet, but you don’t know where to start? Are you looking to lose weight and improve your health? It would be my honor to work with you one on one via my Vegan Weight Loss Course or Personal Coaching Sessions.
🌱 Do you want MORE easy and heathy whole food plant based recipes? Check out my cookbooks for more deliciousness!
🌱 Join me on Instagram (@vegan_michele) for daily updates, and if you enjoy my recipes don't forget to share them with your friends and tag me in your remakes #veganmichele