Teriyaki Sauce seems like it would be daunting to make at home, but this simple recipe will having you skipping the store bought version. In under 10 minutes you'll have the perfect sauce for any Asian inspired meal, vegetable stir fry, noodle dish, over your favorite bowl.
EASY HOMEMADE TERIYAKI SAUCE
✔ Under 10 Minutes ✔ Weight Loss Friendly ✔ Gluten Free Option ✔ Oil Free ✔ Makes 1 cup
• 1/3 cup soy sauce OR tamari OR coconut aminos
• 1/3 cup vegetable broth
• 1/3 cup pineapple juice, fresh or bottled
• 3 tablespoons maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
• 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• Slurry, 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder + 2 teaspoons water
• Sesame seeds, as desired
1. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add all ingredients except for the slurry and sesame seeds. Bring to a boil then turn down to a low simmer for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Then add in the slurry and continue to simmer 2 more minutes whisking constantly until the sauce thickens to your liking. You will be able to tell it’s ready when it can coat the back of a spoon.
2. Allow to cool or serve warm. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired. Serve with an Asian inspired meal, a vegetable stir fry, noodle dish, as a dip, over your favorite bowl.
Watch the video version here:
🌱 For more delicious, weight loss friendly recipes check out my cookbooks.
🌱 Work with me 1:1, I'd love to help you change your relationship with food, and reach your weight loss and wellness goals.