A flavor explosion in your mouth thanks to a winning combination of peach, arugula, pistachios, mint and citrus miso dressing. The perfect summer salad! Barely any cook time, comes together in under 15 minutes. You're gonna love this one!!
COUSCOUS ARUGULA SALAD WITH CREAMY CITRUS MISO DRESSING
✔ 15 Minutes ✔ Weight Loss Friendly ✔ Oil Free ✔ Serves 3
•1 cup cooked whole wheat couscous, see note for how to make oil free
Miso Citrus Dressing:
• 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
• 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
• Juice of half a medium orange
• 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 tablespoon white miso paste
• 1 teaspoon maple syrup, optional
• 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
• Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
• 4 cups arugula
• 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
• 1 medium tomato, chopped
• 1 peach, white or yellow, sliced
• More lemon and orange zest, as desired
• 1 to 2 tablespoons pistachios, crushed or chopped
• 2 to 4 fresh mint leaves, torn into small pieces
1. Make the couscous if need be (see note below for oil free instructions), prep and chop your veggies then make your dressing by adding all dressing ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisking to combine.
2. Fluff the couscous with a fork then add it to a large salad bowl. Add in the arugula, red onion, tomato, and peach slices. Pour the dressing on, then gently toss until combined. For serving, add more lemon and orange zest as desired and garnish with pistachios and mint leaves. Serve immediately. Best eaten fresh.
NOTE: To make oil free couscous simply bring 2 cups of vegetable broth to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Add in one 1 cup dry whole wheat couscous, stir to combine, turn off the heat and fully cover for at least 5 minutes. You will have leftovers, store in a glass container with lid and use in other dishes throughout your week.
Watch the video version here:
🌱 For more delicious, weight loss friendly WFPB recipes check out my cookbooks.
🌱 Work with me 1:1, I'd love to help you change your relationship with food, and reach your weight loss and wellness goals.