This is a flavorful, yet light and refreshing quinoa salad recipe you can serve warm or cold for a scrumptious nutrient dense lunch or dinner. It pairs really well with my Mango Pico de Gallo recipe from my FREE eBook Plant Based Life
1 cup quinoa
2 cups veggie broth (I recommend using Better than Bouillon Vegetable Base)
1 cup drained black beans (canned or homemade) *
1/2 cup organic sweet corn (fresh or thawed from frozen)
2 campari tomatoes (diced)
avocado (sliced for serving)
desired amount of lettuce of your choice (for serving)
green onions (chopped for garnish)
Mango Pico De Gallo (recipe in my free eBook)
*if you have my cookbook “Be Vegan” try the home made cuban black beans with this. Brings it to another level.
1/4 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
3 tbs fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp maple syrup
1. In a medium saucepan bring the quinoa and veggie broth to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer on low for 20 minutes or until all the water is almost absorbed. Turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. In the meantime make the dressing. Add all ingredients to a small glass jar, put lid on and shake vigorously until combined.
3. Once cooked, transfer the quinoa to a glass bowl to cool a bit (about 10 min).
4. When cooled a bit combine the quinoa, beans, corn, and tomato. Mix until combined and then pour dressing on, mixing until combined again. I really like this warm, but if you’d like to put it in the fridge at this point, you can serve it cold too.
5. Prep each plate by laying down a bed of your desired lettuce, and desired amount of quinoa salad. Garnish with sliced avocado, desired green onion and Mango Pico De Gallo.
Did you try this recipe?
Tag @vegan_michele on Instagram and hashtag #veganmichele