I was just sent a Caynel Air Fryer. I have wanted to try one out for a while now, but to be honest, I had no idea what to make! So I set out to do some simple vegan, oil free recipes. I have to say they all came out wonderful, and I can’t wait to start experimenting more with what can be made in an air fryer.
4 small zucchinis (peeled, ends chopped off, then sliced into rounds)
1/2 to 3/4 cup unsweetened plant based milk
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt
2 tbs nutritional yeast
1/2 cup flour (gluten free works too)
1 cup (or more) Italian style Panko bread crumbs
ketchup for serving
1. Peel and slice zucchini, set aside. In a small mixing bowl add the bread crumbs, and set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl add all spices and flour, stir until mixed. Then pour in plant based milk and whisk to reach a thick, yet still liquid batter consistency for dipping the zucchini.
3. One by one dip zucchini rounds into the bowl with batter then into the bowl with bread crumbs.
Place each round onto the air fryer tray as you go. Once you’ve got a full tray, put into the air fryer.
You may need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer, if so just continue to repeat this step until you’ve got all your zucchini ready to be air fried.
4. Air fry at 400 F for 20 to 30 minutes depending on your desired crispiness.
Once finished, allow too cool for a few minutes. Serve with ketchup. These really remind me of chicken nuggets, but healthy and without the animal flesh.
SMOKEY FRIES WITH SRIRACHA MAYO
3 to 4 medium potatoes peeled and cut into “fries” (I used a mix of gold potatoes and sweet potatoes)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp dried basil
1 tsp sriracha
1/4 cup veganaise (I like Just Mayo)
1/4 tsp of lemon juice
1 garlic clove (crushed)
1. Cut and peel potatoes, then cut into fries.
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine spices. Add fries to spices and mix until well coated.
3. Place fries into the air fryer basket, and then place into air fryer.
Air Fry at 400 F for 15 to 25 minutes depending on your level of crispiness.
4. Make sriracha mayo by adding all ingredients to a small bowl and mixing until combined.
Serve fries with sriracha mayo.
DEHYDRATED FRUIT PARFAIT
Fruit of your choice (I used banana, and strawberries)
6 oz. cashew yogurt
sprinkle of chia seeds
sprinkle of hemp seeds
sprinkle of coconut flakes
1. Slice fruit of your choice into rounds and dehydrate on 90 F for 4 to 6 hours.
2. Assemble your parfait with suggested ingredients, or add more of your faves. I love it when the dehydrated fruit is still warm. It all tastes so nice together.
Enjoy theses three simple, and healthy air fryer ideas!