Warming, sensory stimulating, and a pretty quick prep time to boot! I want to share with you a comforting dish that I have been loving lately! This hearty, yet healthy recipe serves 4.
1 cup short grain brown rice (or grain of your choice, quinoa works well)
2 - 3 large sweet potatoes (peeled & cubed)
1 - 2 carrots (cubed)
1/2 to 1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
2 tbl maple syrup
juice of 1 orange
1 tsp olive oil (optional)
2 cups brussel sprouts (halved & thinly sliced)
1 tsp earth balance buttery spread (optional)
2 tbl flat leaf parsley (chopped)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the rice or grain of your choice first according to package instructions. Make the rest of the meal while the rice cooks.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 Fahrenheit (204 Celcius). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl combine sweet potatoes, carrots, sea salt, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, smoked paprika, maple syrup, juice of an orange, & olive oil (optional). Combine, then pour onto the parchment paper line baking sheet spreading evenly. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes.
4. In a frying pan heat the earth balance (or water fry for a no fat option) and sauté the brussel sprouts for 4 - 5 minutes until tender. Taste and season with salt & pepper if desired.
5. Assemble your plate with rice first, then potatoes & carrots, then top with brussel sprouts & parsley. Salt & pepper as desired.
FOR A VIDEO GUIDE TO THIS RECIPE, WATCH HERE:
#plantbased #veganrecipes #veganmeal #veggies #veganfood #veganrecipe #blog #cookbook #bvga #bevegan #brusselsprout #sweetpotatorecipe #moroccanspices #turmeric #orangejuice #quickmeal #mealplanning #eat #nomnom #starchsolution #forksoverknives #veganmama #whatieat